Seize the opportunity to carve your place in a Hospitality Career
This HRM fellowship program consists of the School of Hotel and Restaurant Management partnering with hospitality employers to provide HRM students who have 2-3 academic years before graduation a paid opportunity to work 3 terms. The student will progressively develop company knowledge, depth in skills sets and leadership/supervisory learning. This program will help to create your professional portfolio. The goal is to provide employers the opportunity to groom selected participants for a supervisory/management position fulltime and for graduates to obtain fulltime career employment.
Who is eligible to apply for a Fellowship?
The minimum qualifications for program are…
- Degree seeking HRM major only
- Paid a reasonable hourly wage
- 3.0 GPA based on unofficial transcript
- Fellowship only with participating employers
- Selections based on application w/ interview process by HRM committee & employer involved.
- 3 terms, each at various credit levels with additional online classes based on student need.
- May require an additional class during regular semesters or summers to graduate within 4 years
Selections based on application with interview process by HRM committee & employer involved. For full eligibility requirements, click HERE.
What this might look like for you
3 semesters with a particular hotel/resort or restaurant OR
3 semesters with a particular hospitality company in various restaurants or hotel/resort locations
For an overview of what semesters might look like, click HERE.