Reap the benefits of being part of our students' educational experiential learning.
Why would a hospitality employer be interested in sponsoring an HRM intern for a semester?
- have designated themselves as having direction and goals within the hospitality industry by declaring an HRM major
- have acquired a foundation in hospitality industry theory
- are committed and motivated to learn, ask questions, and gain practical work experience where they can apply their classroom learning.
Internships allow employers to
- investigate whether a potential hiree is a “good fit” for your organization upon graduation
- experience shorter post-hire curves for a new employee who has already worked where they know the culture and policies
Our reasons for requiring this experience before we send our graduates into the workforce
HRM Internships are essential in developing a students’ professional and technical competence in preparation for leadership responsibility in hospitality-related enterprises. Students engage in a variety of training opportunities with professional supervisory and management exposure in the organization where they intern. Students experience intellectual growth as well as develop and improve communication skills, ethical awareness, and appreciation of values and diversity.
A few of our valued Internship partners
Four Seasons Resorts
Hyatt Hotels and Resorts
Marriott Lodging Int'l
Marriott Vacation Club Int'l
Starwood Hotels & Resorts
The Old Spaghetti Factory
FOX Restaurant Concepts
Walt Disney College Program
Forest Highlands Country Club
Little America Hotels & Resorts
Requesting an Intern
What is Required?
The paid internship experience is taken seriously and given academic course credits. To ensure the experience is fully valued on the part of the student, we do ask that you cooperate with the intern in achieving their minimum requirements and fulfilling thier online class component. Minimum requirements information HERE.
Contact Suzanne Siler for additional information
Hear how important it is to the students
Hear about it from those that have experienced these opportunities.