The W. A. Franke College of Business Veteran Student Center (FCB VSC)
Over the past three years Northern Arizona University (NAU) has been creating a campus culture that is welcoming, supportive, and inclusive of veterans and military-affiliated members. Not surprisingly, NAU has quickly become a university recognized for being on the leading edge when it comes to providing service and support for our military and veteran students.
In a resolve to sustain our innovative momentum in this field, The W. A. Franke College of Business (FCB) has undertaken a new initiative at NAU. Craig Van Slyke, PhD, the dean of the Business College has announced that through a very generous gift from FCB and U.S. Navy veteran alum, a center has been created dedicated to the recruitment, transition, retention, and career development of veterans attending The W. A Franke College of Business. This is the first veteran center of its kind nationally dedicated to a business college.
Your NAU experience starts here
The FCB VSC, located in the HRM building (#33), is your first stop for information regarding your experience at NAU as a military or veteran student. We look forward to making a connection with you.
FCB VSC Services
- Assistance with the transition from Military Life to Student Life
- Military Friendly degree programs and classroom environment
- Student Veteran advocacy
- Advising for VA educational benefits, financial aid, and scholarship opportunities
- Tailored academic advising
- Peer mentoring
- Career Development, Executive Job Shadowing (learn more HERE), and networking oppportunities
- Industry Leadership Speaker Series
- Entrepreneurial guidance
- Social connectedness
- Free Student Veteran of America (SVA) membership
- Liaison for all campus programs and services in one centralized location
- One-on-One support in a comfortable, welcoming environment
- A commitment to continuous improvement for ever-changing student veteran needs through data driven results.
- Prior Military and the Entrepreneurial Spirit go hand in hand. The Vetrapreneur online magazine is a helpful publication: www.navoba.com/eversion.aspx.
- SVA on Facebook – Stay connected! Join the NAU Student Veteran of America’s Facebook page HERE.
- The Student Veteran's Affairs website: www.studentveterans.org
And here at Northern Arizona University:
- Learn more about the military education benefits NAU accepts, as well as how to apply for and receive your benefits: nau.edu/Military-Veteran-Education/Military-Benefits/
- The NAU Military and Veteran Affairs website – learn more about NAU’s commitment to serving veterans, active duty, National Guard, and Reserve military members: nau.edu/Military-Veteran-Education/
- Visit the Flagstaff Campus: nau.edu/Schedule-a-Visit/
Connect with the FCB SVC team
The W. A. Franke College of Business Military and Veteran Student Center
Northern Arizona University
(928) 523-3989 (office)
(928) 523-8775 (fax)
Office Number: 222 in FCB Bldg 81
Office Number: 108D at HRM Bldg 33A
Also here to support your needs:
Andrew Griffin, LTC (retired) EdD
Director of Military and Student Veteran Affairs
Your advocate for NAU Student Veteran Affairs
Scott Helflin, FA Program Coordinator, Sr.
Your VA Educational Benefit Expert!