Help Desk & Information Technology (FCB-IT)
The W. A. Franke College of Business Information Technology, (FCB-IT), is responsible for planning, development, operation, and maintenance of the college's computing systems and information technology infrastructure. FCB-IT encourages and supports the innovative use of technology in the academic initiatives of the students, faculty and staff of NAU's The W. A. Franke College of Business.
FCB-IT department strives to provide students, faculty and staff with:
- Cutting edge technological services
- Customer-oriented support for all computer needs
- End-user satisfaction, with special emphasis on complete and timely service in all areas of operation.
Your FCB-IT Team
|Paul Wagner||Information Technology Director||928-523-9232|
|Keith Ballou||Systems Administrator||928-523-7250|
|Ben Russell||Web Developer||928-523-7312|
|Andy Ward||Help Desk Coordinator||928-523-7237|
RBUS - Remote access to FCB computing environment
RBUS is a server you can access at any time, from anywhere. It's like being able to sit down in front of an FCB or HRM lab computer from anywhere in the world where you have an Internet connection.
Accessing FCB resources from home on a Windows PC
The following instructions will help you connect to your FCB directories (H:, I: and J: Drives) on a Windows 7 PC. Before continuing, make sure you are connected to NAU VPN (vpn instructions).
- Right-click Computer (from your Start menu or from your Desktop), then click Map network drive
- In the Drive box, select an available drive letter
In the Folder box, enter a path as shown below (substitute your user ID for ‘username’):
- For Faculty 'H' Drive: \\arnor.bus.cba.nau.edu\faculty\username
- For Staff 'H' Drive: \\arnor.bus.cba.nau.edu\staff\username
- For MBA 'H' Drive: \\arnor.bus.cba.nau.edu\mba\username
- For Undergrad 'H' Drive: \\arnor.bus.cba.nau.edu\semestercourses\username
- For Faculty and Staff 'I' Drive: \\arnor.bus.cba.nau.edu\shared
- For Faculty and Student 'J' Drive: \\arnor.bus.cba.nau.edu\coursework
- Un-check the Reconnect at logon check box
- Check the Connect using different credentials check box
- Click Finish
- Enter your username as bus\username (substitute your user ID for ‘username’)
- Enter your password
- Click OK
Accessing FCB resources from home on a MAC
The following instructions will help you connect to your FCB directories (H:, I: and J: Drives) on a Mac.
Before continuing, make sure you are connected to NAU VPN (vpn instructions).
1. Open Network Preferences, click the VPN connection, and then click the Advanced button to bring up the following window:
Make sure the option to "Send all traffic over VPN connection" is checked. Click OK.
2. From the Finder’s Go menu, click “Connect to Server.”
3. In the Server Address field, enter the address as shown below (substitute your username for 'UN'):
- Faculty ‘H’ Drive: smb://firstname.lastname@example.org/faculty/UN
- Staff ‘H’ Drive: smb://email@example.com/staff/UN
- MBA ‘H’ Drive: smb://firstname.lastname@example.org/mba/UN
- Undergrad ‘H’ Drive: smb://email@example.com/semestercourses/UN
- Faculty and Staff ‘I’ Drive: smb://firstname.lastname@example.org/shared
- Faculty and Student ‘J’ Drive: smb://email@example.com/coursework
The example below shows the path for Undergrad 'H' Drive:
4. When prompted, enter your FCB username and password as shown below (substitute your username for 'UN'):
5. Click the Connect button.
User Account Policies
FCB computer accounts are a service provided by The W. A. Franke College of Business. Accounts are available to all current NAU students enrolled in FCB classes, and all FCB faculty and staff. User account privileges are subject to revocation if they are misused.
Access to a user account is restricted to that user to whom it was assigned. Any user allowing others to access their account may have their account privileges revoked.
Any user found using their FCB account to illegally access unauthorized resources, regardless of whether they are at this university or outside it, may have their account privileges revoked.
Accounts being used in such a way as to cause conflicts with other machines, accounts, or people may be revoked.
FCB computer systems are for the use of authorized users only. Individuals using these computer systems without authority, or in excess of their authority, are subject to having all of their activities on these systems monitored and recorded by system personnel. In the course of monitoring individuals improperly using these systems, or in the course of system maintenance, the activities of authorized users may also be monitored. Anyone using these systems expressly consents to such monitoring and is advised that if such monitoring reveals possible evidence of criminal activity, system personnel may provide the results of such monitoring to law enforcement officials.
FCB user accounts are available only for educational purposes. FCB resources are not to be used for commercial activities.
Curriculum accounts and associated files are deleted at the end of each semester. Home directories (H: drive) are maintained for all active MBA, MSM, and CIS majors; all other student home drives are deleted at the end of the semester. Unless arrangements are made prior to the semester end, these files will be deleted and are not subject to tape restore.
No FCB accounts are to be used to store, display, send, receive, or manipulate inappropriate material as defined by the NAU Network Acceptable Use Policy for Students.
File Space Policies
FCB computer accounts are provided personal file space by The W. A. Franke College of Business. This file space is limited, and a quota is applied. If additional file space is needed, the student may request an increase in the quota by emailing the IT helpdesk and providing a justification for the request.
Personal file space (H: drive) is fully accessible by the system administrators, and may occasionally need to be accessed by the system administrators during normal day to day operations.
Personal file space may not be used to store music, videos, photos or copies of commercial or copyrighted software, and inappropriate material as defined by the NAU Network Acceptable Use Policy for Students. Exceptions for appropriately licensed material necessary for coursework may be requested via the FCB IT Helpdesk.
Printer Service Policies
FCB user accounts are provided print services within the FCB building for coursework. Printing is limited, and a quota is applied. If an increase in the print quota is needed, the student may purchase additional print quota through FCB Support Services, located in room 229 of The W. A. Franke College of Business.
– The W. A. Franke College of Business IT Staff